okay. maybe saying i’m obsessed is a little strong, but it’s the best way to describe how i feel about these things. passionate might be a good choice too haha, but saying you’re passionate about mexican food just sounds weird haha. so here are some things that i’ve been obsessed with lately:
1. mexican food – it has been a tradition over the past couple of months, for my family and i, to go to our favorite local mexican restaurant every tuesday night. we were going so often for a while that we had a regular waitress and she usually knew what we wanted to order before we even said it. how cool?! i’ve always wanted to have a hangout spot where i have a “usual” to order haha.
2. purple – duh! it’s just such a pretty color! haha. i love it. i’ve said it before and i’ll probably always say it. this has been my favorite color since i was little. whenever i would get upset and someone would make me cry, i would tell them they “broke my pink and purple heart” hahaha. wow! i was such a goober. while i’ve liked other colors throughout the years, nothing stands out to me more than purple. don’t get me wrong, i love lots of colors haha, like bright yellow, turquoise, hot pink, neon green. they’re all fun too. just not as pretty as purple hehe.
3. friends – i LOVE this show. i probably watch it almost every day. whether it’s on in the background while i’m editing my pictures or i’m sneaking in a quick episode before bed, it never gets old. thankfully my sisters have grown to be obsessed with this show as well. it’s great when we make references to the show and we get each other haha! unagi!!!!
4. blog stalking – yupp. you caught me. i’m a creeper. but hey! that’s what the internet’s for, right? yeah, i’m not currently in school at the moment, but believe me when i say i still study all the time. i am constantly studying other photographer’s blogs and their tips and tricks in the photography world. i learn so much from my favorite photographers. i feel like i’m back in school with all this studying. ;)
5. chick-fil-a – nuff said! #1 with a large sweet tea and chick-fil-a sauce, please! that stuff is so addicting! i swear it has some sort of drug in it that keeps people coming back for more haha. oh, and if i’m feeling risky, i’ll treat myself to a banana pudding milkshake! yummmm!!! the best part are the vanilla wafers! delicious! can ya tell i like food?! ;)
6. bargain shopping – i love the clearance section at target, finding good steals at goodwill, and getting great bargains at ross. man, i feel like most of my wardrobe is made up from those three stores. if i could, i would be a shopaholic. i seriously have to stop myself from going in a store because i always have to buy SOMETHING. target must cast a spell as soon as you walk into the store. it’s almost impossible to go in there without buying something haha.
7. making lists – i have so many lists on my computer right now. a list of themes for the summer at preschool for all the kiddies. it’s gonna be so fun! we’re gonna have safari week, camping week, olympic week, under the sea week, pirate and princess week and SO MUCH MORE. i can’t wait. good thing i’m still 5, right? ;) then i have a list of ways i want to transform my room, a list of photo shoot ideas, a list of my dream camera purchases, and so on and so on. i mean, this post is basically just one big last.
8. glitter – who doesn’t love sparkly shiny things? i wear some form of glitter almost every day, whether it’s in my nail polish, clothes, eye makeup or something. I LOVE GLITTER. it’s so fun and just makes me feel like tinkerbell. golly. whenever i get married, instead of having people blow bubbles or throw birdseed, i’ll probably get them to throw glitter haha. no, seriously.
9. call me maybe – is anyone else obsessed with this song as much as me? it’s so fun and catchy. i play it for my kids at school when we have our dance parties. it’s great. i love how they know the words to the song better than i do. also, if you haven’t seen the video, you should. and after you watch the official video, check out the fun version justin bieber and his friends made. awesome! oh, and after that, watch the one the harvard baseball team made. seriously, it’s that catchy!
10. tattoos and piercings – i have always been obsessed with them, but never thought i would have the courage to get one or both. lately i’ve been contemplating getting one or the other. it’s between a nose piercing and a “believe” tattoo. decisions. decisions.
11. nostalgia – i feel like i’ve been pretty reflective on the past lately. i keep thinking of random memories and looking up old picture albums to relive those moments. i feel so old. when did life fly by this much? it really needs to slow down.
12. weddings – i could talk about weddings ALL DAY. am i getting married or even close to that point? no! but i love them. they’re so fun and all different, just reflecting the couple. i love it! pinterest is evil because it adds even more to this obsession haha. if you ever meet me and are not sure what to talk about, just bring up this topic. it will never get old with me. so many of my friends are getting married, it just gets me so excited. i love all the love and happiness a wedding can bring. it’s great! :)
13. christian music – don’t get me wrong, i love my pop music, but nothing gets me like my christian songs. on the way to work, i love listening to PER (positive encouraging radio). all those songs hit me right where i need them to. i feel like it’s God’s way of speaking to me telling me things are going to be okay. :)
so these are my latest obsessions. what are yours?! maybe i’ll get hooked on it. ;)